A Green Bean Vegan Treat Anyone Can Love!
Green Beans As a vegan, you know how tough it is to get your friends to try your vegan treats. That's why you should try this mouth-watering green bean and almond side-dish. It's irresistible even for your most meat-loving...
As a vegan, you know how tough it is to get your friends to try your vegan treats. That's why you should try this mouth-watering green bean and almond side-dish. It's irresistible even for your most meat-loving friends.
- Green beans
- Vegetable broth
- Red bell peppers
- Non-dairy vegan butter
- Start by trimming 2 ¼ pounds of green beans, slicing three large bell peppers, dicing one large onion, and chopping ¼ cup of marjoram into separate bowls.
- Now, boil water in a large pot, add the beans, and cook until tender. This should take no more than 5-10 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Next, heat ¼ cup of vegetable broth over medium-high heat in a different large pot. Throw in your sliced peppers and onion and cook for about eight minutes.
- Add your marjoram and stir until the onions, pepper, and marjoram are fully mixed. Let it simmer on low heat while you chop two cups of almonds.
- Cover the bottom of a large pot with two tablespoons of butter, melt, and sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
- Now, pour in peppers, onions, and green beans, stir, and let heat for about five minutes. Remove from heat once the almonds darken to a light brown.
Green beans and almonds go well with just about any vegan side dish. However, it's particularly delicious with a tofu main dish, such as a tofu casserole.
Are you looking for more vegan recipes or have any you'd like to share? Contact us and let us know. We love to hear from our loyal readers.