A Valentine's Day Deluxe Dinner For Two To Die For
If you want to go big this Valentine's Day, a deluxe dinner for two is the way to go. You loved one will remember this day and meal forever. Here are some great suggestions to treat your Valentine to an amazing...
If you want to go big this Valentine's Day, a deluxe dinner for two is the way to go. You loved one will remember this day and meal forever. Here are some great suggestions to treat your Valentine to an amazing deluxe dinner from appetizer to dessert.
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbsp. Pure Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Cut baguette into 32 slices, about 1/2 in. thick;
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and brush with oil.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- In a bowl, stir in the strawberries, peaches and mint. Evenly spread each slice of bread with cheese and fruit, mint mixture.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese has just began to melt.
- Serve right away.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. dried cilantro flakes
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2- 6 oz. salmon fillets
- In a bowl, beat egg whites, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger and cayenne.
- In another bowl, add the almonds. Dip the salmon in egg mixture, then dip into almonds to cover.
- Put the prepared salmon on a greased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- In a large frying pan, bring 1 inch of water to a boil and put the asparagus in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crispy yet tender. Drain.
- In a small frying pan bring the preserves, vinegar, cinnamon and ginger to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 2 to 4 minutes or until glaze starts to thicken.
- Pour over asparagus.
Tomato Rice Pilaf
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small, sliced onion
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- In a dish, melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in the rice and onion and microwave, uncovered, on high for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender. Stir once midway through.
- Add broth, cover and cook on high for 13 to 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the green onion, tomato and parsley and stir.
Black Forest Tart
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1- 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- 2 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, incorporate crushed wafers and sugar and then mix in the butter. With a 11 inch fluted tart pan with a bottom that can be removed lightly grease and press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan with hands.
- Put pan on a baking sheet in case of dripping. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat for 4 minutes eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt or until thick. Mix in chocolate mixture and then stir in flour.
- Evenly pour chocolate into crust and place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Evenly spread pie filling on top.
- Melt chocolate and cream in microwave, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple times.
- With a spoon drizzle chocolate over tart.
- Another option is to decorate the tart with whipped cream.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. It's time to get your menu ready. For more yummy Valentine's Day menu ideas and recipes, contact us.