Easy Baked Apples
Baked Apple Baked apple is a wonderful, tasty and most importantly easy to prepare winter dessert. It's great for the holidays or just to have at any meal. It's not just for dessert, it can be served for breakfast...
Baked apple is a wonderful, tasty and most importantly easy to prepare winter dessert. It's great for the holidays or just to have at any meal. It's not just for dessert, it can be served for breakfast or as a side dish. The smell of warm apple cinnamon will fill your home and will leave your guests wanting more. You can choose to omit the spices or raisins if you like. It will still taste just as delicious. You can even choose to have it over vanilla ice cream. The choice is yours. Today we are bringing you two different ways of making this delicious dessert.
Baked Apple Dessert
- 6 peeled, cored, and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins, cranberries or other favorite fruits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish, with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the prepared apples to a big bowl. In another bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, sugar, and cloves.
- Add the spice mixture to the apples until evenly spread. Fold in the walnuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Spoon in the apple mixture into the greased casserole dish. Pour the milk over apple mixture evenly.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until apples are soft and you see bubbles.
- Before serving, allow to cool a bit.
This recipe is a little bit faster and simpler than the one above as all you need to do is core the apples, no peeling or slicing required. I won't give you exact measurements, as it's up to you and your preferences. If you don't like nutmeg, don't use it. If you like cinnamon use some extra. You can simply take out anything you don't like and add something else instead. Just the apple baked on it's own is already a treat. This is also a great dessert to make when you are on your own and feel like something delicious without feeling bad about it or having to bake a whole cake :).
- 1-4 Apples (or more depending on how many people there are, 1 apple per person)
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- raisins, cranberries or other favorite fruits
- chopped walnuts or any other nuts
- pure vanilla extract (optional)
- honey, maple syrup, sugar
- Cut the apple top off. Use the apple corer to core the apples. If you have big apples you can make a bigger opening using spoon. In this recipe we don't peel them.
- Mix together nuts, raisins and all the spices together in a bowl. Add a dash of vanilla extract.
- Fill the hole in the apple with the mixture.
- Add a spoon of honey, syrup or your preferred sweetener on top or you can also mix it ahead in the bowl.
- Place the apples into a deep baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for about 20-30 min or until the apples soften. You can also bake them in the microwave on high for about 15 min.
- Let cool a bit before serving. Serve with ice-cream, yogurt or chocolate.
For more delicious recipes for the upcoming Christmas holiday or to take a look at some of our many products, feel free to contact us. We want to help you make your Christmas not only a fun-filled, special one, but also a delicious one!