Having the Right Cookware Set Makes All the Stir Frying Difference
Having the right cookware set can make all the difference in the world when it comes to cooking great. A novice cook should not use a stainless steel set to learn to cook with. They should instead use a non-stick type...
Having the right cookware set can make all the difference in the world when it comes to cooking great. A novice cook should not use a stainless steel set to learn to cook with. They should instead use a non-stick type or a heavily seasoned cast iron cookware set.
Whatever your cooking level is, it is important to know your cookware types. There are glass, cast iron, stainless steel, stoneware, and non-stick varieties. Not only should a person choose the right type, but the right pieces are essential as well.
For example, you want to make mashed potatoes in the right sized pot and fry fish in the right pan. You should take your time and find the right kind of cookware with all the pieces you know you will need to cook with.
If you decide to make a stir fry, you will want to make it in a wok. A wok has deep sides and the sides are contoured for heavy stirring and flipping. You can make stir fry in a regular frying pan, but the chances of you getting veggies all over the kitchen are high.
Take out your wok and make this simple beef and broccoli stir fry recipe:
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Recipe serves four people easily.
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite sized peices
- 1 pound of stir fry beef
- 8 oz. of stir fry sauce
- 1 clove of garlic smashed or 1 tsp of jar garlic
- 1 bundle of green onions or shallots
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- Heat the wok on the stove on medium high heat with the olive oil.
- Add the stir fry meat, garlic, and onions.
- Cook the mixture until the meat is browned.
- Then add broccoli and sauté until you are satisfied with the broccoli texture.
- Add stir fry sauce and simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Cook the rice according to package directions with a dash of salt in the water.
- Taste your stir fry mixture, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Put the cooked rice down on the platter and cover with the stir fry mixture.
Without the right cookware, great tasting stir fry or any dish can be a mess. Get the right cookware set for your needs and wants! One of the options for a great wok is the Lodge Cast Iron Wok, a sturdy wok with superior heat retention and an even heat distribution.
Allow your cooking style, level and need come into play when deciding the right cookware set to buy. Take your time and be choosy. For the best cookware sets and more recipes, please contact us!