Healthy Snack Time with the Kids!
Healthy Snack Snack time can be the worst. That precarious time between meals can become a battle with kids who are just "dying" for a bite. You, too, can feel the added discomfort and edge that comes with midday...
Snack time can be the worst. That precarious time between meals can become a battle with kids who are just "dying" for a bite. You, too, can feel the added discomfort and edge that comes with midday hunger. In those moments, you make the most important decision for you and your family. Healthy snacks can give you the energy and nutrition your bodies need. Don't give in and dive head first into that bag of chips. Here are five easy, healthy recipes that will please you and your kids.
1. Homemade Fruit Snacks- Perfect for a little bite of sweetness, but packed with fruit and veggies your kids usually would dismiss.
2. DIY Granola Bars- You can try these five varieties or great creative and mix in your own favorite flavors.
3. Frozen Yogurt Strawberries- It doesn't get any easier than this. These cool little treats are great on a hot afternoon, and you won't be able to eat just one.
4. Baked Sweet Potato Tots- A great option for an appetizer type snack, these tots are crazy healthy and deliciously good.
5. Fun Fruit- Sometimes a different presentation can change everything for a finicky eater. Try these cute caterpillars or some perfect penguins. These crabby apples can turn around any cranky afternoon. If you want something fun but with even less preparation try to use cookie cutters to create fun fruit shapes from watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, apples or other suitable fruits and vegetables.
All of these can be made ahead, so you can rest assured that you will be prepared for whatever snack time hankering comes your way. By making the right choice, you can create healthy habits for you and your kids. Healthy snacking is not as hard as it may seem.
Contact us for more ideas on delightfully fresh eating and healthy choices.