How To Make A Foolproof And Delicious Skillet Pizza
Making a homemade pizza alone can be a little daunting but the thought of creating a homemade skillet pizza is scary, right? Wrong! The truth is making a mouth-watering, crispy skillet pizza is really very simple! It just takes a little ingredients...
Making a homemade pizza alone can be a little daunting but the thought of creating a homemade skillet pizza is scary, right? Wrong! The truth is making a mouth-watering, crispy skillet pizza is really very simple! It just takes a little ingredients and a lot of time. We've got a foolproof recipe for the perfect skillet pizza whether you're new to the kitchen or a pizza pro!
Homemade Skillet Pizza
This recipe makes one pizza and serves 4 people.
Prep Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours
- 3/4 cup warm to hot water
- 1 1/3 cups of bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Prego, Ragu, or desired pizza sauce
- 7 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
- Toppings, toppings, toppings!
- Combine flour, yeast, and salt in a medium bowl and fill the bowl with warm to hot (but not scalding hot) water. Take the plastic wrap and cover the bowl. Let stand for 3 hours in room temperature.
- Take the dough, which should now be soft and plump, and sprinkle with a hand full of flour. Stir by hand until the dough forms a ball in the bowl.
- Grease 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the dough in skillet and knead or spread to the edges of the pan. Cover with a large lid or plate and let the dough rest in the skillet for at least an hour and a half to two hours.
- Preheat oven to 500° F or 550 is applicable.
- Add pizza sauce and cheese of choice (and any preferred toppings) to the pizza.
- Place on a stove-top burner and cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake on the rack for about 15-20 minutes.
Pro Tip: Add some delicious veggies like mushrooms or onions to your pizza with the cheese in step 7. It's always best to use a paper towel on the toppings after washing to avoid moisture buildup on the pizza crust. For extra moisture removal, microwave the vegetables on a paper towel for 1 minute and pat down before placing on the pizza.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and feel free to contact us for more yummy ideas!