How to Make the Perfect Lava Cake
Chocolate Lava Cake Chocolate lava cake is not as difficult as one may think. It's actually a quick and easy dessert to make. The oozing, gooey chocolate in the middle of the cake is the best part. Here is how...
Chocolate lava cake is not as difficult as one may think. It's actually a quick and easy dessert to make. The oozing, gooey chocolate in the middle of the cake is the best part. Here is how to make a perfect lava cake right in your very own kitchen.
For 4-5 servings
- 65g of plain all purpose flour
- 100g of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Cocoa powder
- 65g of butter
- 100g Dark chocolate with 70% coco
- Vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Break up your dark chocolate in a bowl and place the butter in it. Put them in the microwave to melt for 15 seconds bursts until melted. When completely melted, chocolate will look shinny. The other option is to heat water in a pot, place a bowl with chocolate and butter on top of it and melt it above the boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until you get an off-white mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate into sugar and eggs mixture.
- Fold flour and cocoa into it.
- Last, add the vanilla.
- Grease inside of bowl with butter to prevent chocolate from sticking. Pour the mixture in the bowl and give it a few taps to break up any air bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place ramekins bowls in a baking dish and add water until it is halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar. You can also add ice-cream, whipped cream or fruits . The cakes can be removed from ramekin or served in them.
This quick, easy and delicious dessert will not disappoint you. It will quickly disappear into your kid's mouth the moment the hot melted chocolate touches their tongue. For more great recipes or products to prepare your lava cake, contact us.