Romantic Valentine's Day Menu Without Cooking
Romantic Dinner for Two Valentine's Day is the time of year we get to celebrate our loved ones, be they friend or lover. No doubt, however, many of us are still recovering from the hustle and bustle of the...
Valentine's Day is the time of year we get to celebrate our loved ones, be they friend or lover. No doubt, however, many of us are still recovering from the hustle and bustle of the holidays and New Year. As much as we want to continue celebrating, we're a little burned out.
There is a way to celebrate Valentine's Day with yummy treats without cutting into our down time. Here is a short valentine's day menu without cooking that will be great for a romantic evening with your special someone.
It really is true that at times simplicity is king, so consider sticking with the basics: assorted cheeses, crackers, and fruit with your favorite chilled wine. For those with a wicked sweet tooth like myself, Bully Hill's Sweet Walter Rose is a particular favorite. Arrange artfully on a decorative platter along with an assortment of crackers, light a few candles, and you have a beautiful setting perfect for casual conversation and romance. A creative way to make it your own is to use a mini heart cookie cutter (found at any local craft store) on thin slices of cheese.
Try these dishes, if you're in search of a little bit more flare:
- Fresh strawberries (cored) and/or raspberries, filled with chocolate hazelnut spread or fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate
- Easy cheese fondue and toasted French bread
- Easy Oreo Truffles - just beware! They can easily disappear before your guest arrives!
- Romantic parfait - chocolate instant pudding, sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries (one, two, or all four - pick your favorites) lightly coated with sugar if desired. In two matching clear wine glasses, alternate between even layers of pudding and fruit, starting with pudding on bottom. Top with whipped cream.
- Matching wine glasses filled with marinara sauce and rimmed with thawed cocktail shrimp
- To add some extra spice to your evening, try Chilled Maine Shrimp with Cabbage and Peanuts, Vietnamese-Style. A delicious salad that requires some chopping, tossing, and you're done.
- Turkey, Corn, and Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps for a light, healthy meal
These are just a few of the countless options for easy and delicious treats, but hopefully enough to inspire and excite, without creating dread of spending hours in the kitchen.
Feel free to contact us for more recipe ideas and inspiration and from all of us at Cilantro Cooks, Happy Valentine's Day.