Tasty Cilantro Lime Chicken - Slow Cooker
Chicken Dish There are many recipes featuring cilantro that are delicious and easy. One of the easiest meals to cook for those of us who are busy are slow cooker recipes. They can be made with little effort, or the ingredients...
There are many recipes featuring cilantro that are delicious and easy. One of the easiest meals to cook for those of us who are busy are slow cooker recipes. They can be made with little effort, or the ingredients can be combined and frozen to be used at a later date.
Here's a simple, tasty, and unique slow cooker recipe featuring cilantro. This recipe is designed for five to six servings so don't be afraid to adjust the measurements accordingly. For best results follow these instructions, but don't be afraid to experiment in the future.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds (or equivalent in number) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup or 1 bunch of cilantro (fresh), chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- One 16oz bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can black beans. Drain and rinse them
- Dash of salt and pepper for taste
This is such an EASY recipe. There are only three steps and one is optional!
- Combine all the ingredients together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. (Four hours on high)
- Optional: Shred the chicken approximately 30 minutes before the meal is complete if you'd prefer chicken served that way.
As previous mentioned, some people put together these meals and freeze them to cook later. It is a great way to take advantage of supermarket savings or when you know you will be busy. Simply put all of these ingredients in a freezer bag, mix well, and freeze laying flat. It takes up little space. To cook it later, thaw the bag out in the refrigerator, then cook to the same specifications listed above.
In terms of alternative additions to this entree. Perhaps add slow cook rice to the ingredients. Try turkey, or maybe add more mixed vegetables. One of the great things about slow cookers is how versatile and easy they are to use.
Please contact us for more information on tasty and simple slow cook meals.