Tasty Coconut Treats: Coconut Brittle
Coconut There are plenty of delicious and simple coconut treats out there for you to try. Coconuts are often overlooked despite their nice sweet taste and health benefits. This Coconut Brittle recipe is sure to be a great way to win over some...
There are plenty of delicious and simple coconut treats out there for you to try. Coconuts are often overlooked despite their nice sweet taste and health benefits.
This Coconut Brittle recipe is sure to be a great way to win over some reluctant skeptics! One of the best things about this recipe is that it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. However, keep in mind it may take about an hour for the brittle to be hardened enough to enjoy!
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 corn syrup
- 4 ounces chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Spread the coconut evenly over a buttered baking dish/pan
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix the sugar and corn syrup together.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Mix in the butter and vanilla.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in the baking soda until the mixture is slightly foamy.
- Pour over the coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate until firm, break into pieces.
Although there looks like a lot of steps, this recipe is actually super easy to complete. Most of the ingredients are commonly found in most grocery stores for affordable prices. This makes this dessert a pretty unique and tropical treat for a great price!
Tips and Tricks:
- Remember that all microwaves are different, you may want to monitor closely while cooking this for the first time. You don't want to over-cook it.
- Consider using cashews or a different type of nut if you are not fond of macadamia nuts.
- Try mixing several types of nuts to change the flavor.
- Change how you chop the nuts (diced fine or chopped roughly) to change the texture.
- Please make sure your bowl is microwave safe, you don't want to melt your bowl!
For more simple but tasty recipes please contact us!