Thought Leader Series: Easy and Tasty 3-Course Meal for the Busy Family
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com. Having a family dinner...
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com.
Having a family dinner with everyone sitting around the table is a tough task in this busy world, but it can be done. It's a good idea to slow down and get everyone in one room for a delicious meal and great conversation. This easy three-course meal will get the family together even on a busy night.
Cheese- and Broccoli-Filled Croissants with Marinara Dipping Sauce
A great appetizer is the right way to start a meal. These cheese- and broccoli-filled croissants are easy to make and are great to dip in some hot marinara. Here's what you'll need and how to bake them to perfection.
- 2 tubes croissant dough
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 jar marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, or temperature on croissant dough tube.
2. Open croissants and separate into triangles. One at a time, roll them out to about 1.5 times the original size.
3. Sprinkle cheese and spoon broccoli on the dough.
4. Carefully and loosely roll the dough from the long side and curl ends towards each other leaving the corner flap to rest on top.
5. On a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, arrange the rolls about one inch apart. Bake in the oven for seven to nine minutes or until rolls are crispy and lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and brush butter over rolls and sprinkle shredded Parmesan.
7. For the sauce, heat on medium until slowly boiling. Spoon sauce into serving ramekins and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
Garlic Bread-Crusted, Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
The entree sounds difficult but if you've made breaded chicken before, you're ready. Here's what you'll need and how to prepare it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, tenderized and slit down the middle, but not in half
- 4-ounce tub of ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 loaf dried, stale French bread, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil.
3. Sear each breast on medium heat until slightly browned on each side. Set aside and allow to cool enough to handle.
4. Add a spoonful of ricotta cheese into the slit in each breast.
5. In a medium-size bowl, crack your eggs, whisk until foamy and mix in water and milk.
6. In a large bowl, mix your crumbs, grated cheese, garlic, and oregano.
7. Dip each chicken breast in the egg and then the crumbs, twice if necessary, to completely coat the chicken.
8. In a sprayed casserole dish, spread 1/2 cup of marinara and arrange breasts evenly. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
9. With oven on broil, drizzle sauce over the top of the chicken, and sprinkle generously with shredded Parmesan. Broil for three to five minutes or until cheese is melted. Be sure it doesn't burn.
10. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite pasta, salad, or as a sandwich.
No-Bake Cheesecake Cups with Strawberry Glaze
Your family is ready for a sweet treat. Here are the ingredients and steps for this easy dessert.
- 1 box graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 jar strawberry glaze or preserves.
1. In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers with butter. Mix until moistened and pack into bottom of muffin tin, about one inch thick.
2. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mix until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and chill for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon filling into graham cracker crusts until full and chill for an hour or until firm.
4. Serve with warmed strawberry glaze and fresh fruits.
Getting the family together for a meal creates great memories, and this easy three-course meal allows you to do that with little effort and lots of benefits.
Browse our bakeware to make this meal even easier to make for your next dinner.