Whiskey Recipes in Time for St. Paddy's
St Patricks Whiskey Recipes What celebration would be complete without the inclusion of cocktails? Especially an occasion such as Saint Paddy's, which draws on the fun and lighthearted traditions of the Irish? Because of this Irish influence, it would...
What celebration would be complete without the inclusion of cocktails? Especially an occasion such as Saint Paddy's, which draws on the fun and lighthearted traditions of the Irish?
Because of this Irish influence, it would seem wrong to use any liquor other than good, old-fashioned Irish whiskey. Whiskey serves as a great staple to many cocktails, but the following three are of particular interest. One is refreshingly frosty, but the other two make use of classic hot beverages. But whichever you choose, these Whiskey recipes will liven your spirits, and may keep you warm from the final gasps of winter.
- 3 oz Irish whiskey
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Whipped heavy cream
In two mugs or glass goblets, combine in each a mixture of coffee and whiskey. Stir in one tablespoon of brown sugar per serving and mix until the sugar dissolve. Top both servings generously with the whipped heavy cream.
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 Teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
Steam the milk with a froth wand or over the stove-top. Pour into a large mug. In a small bowl combine the cocoa powder and sugar. Add this mixture to the milk and stir until blended. Now stir in the vanilla and the whiskey. You could also substitute half of the milk for cream.
Merry Mint Shake
- Fresh sprigs of mint
- 1 Pint of milk
- 1 Quart chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 2 Teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 oz Whiskey, or to your taste
- Green food coloring (optional)
This is a bit reminiscent of the Shamrock Shake, but with an adult twist.
- In a blender, mix the ice cream and the milk until smooth, but still thick.
- Add the peppermint flavoring and whiskey and blend once more.
- If you choose to use vanilla ice cream, you may wish to add green food coloring for a festive touch.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.
Surprise your guests on St. Patrick's day with these (Irish) whiskey recipes! If you need some inspiration for a tasty bite on St. Patrick's day, check out our recipes for Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Creme, the true classic: Corned Beef and Cabbage or the other St. Patrick's Day Menu ideas.
Questions or comments? Feel free to contact us and share your thoughts.