Wonderful Christmas Mulled Wine Recipes
Mulled Wine It's that time of the year again when you are anxiously waiting for Christmas Day. Nothing would be better than to sit by the fire and enjoy some delicious Christmas mulled wine. Here are two great and...
It's that time of the year again when you are anxiously waiting for Christmas Day. Nothing would be better than to sit by the fire and enjoy some delicious Christmas mulled wine. Here are two great and easy Christmas mulled wine recipes for you to try.
Easy Mulled Wine
- 1 sliced and seeded orange
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp. of ground cloves
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 bottle of red wine
- Combine the orange, sugar, water, and spices in a large pot.
- Slowly bring to a boil and lower heat, and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the wine.
- Slowly reheat but do not allow to boil.
- Serve warm in mugs and enjoy!
Hot Spiced Christmas Mulled Wine
- 2 oranges
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 1 piece of peeled, thinly sliced fresh ginger (about 3 inches)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Carefully remove the zest of the oranges into strips, leaving only the pith behind.
- Juice the oranges into a large pot.
- Pour the red wine and white wine into the pot with the orange juice.
- Place the strips of orange zest, ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and brown sugar into the pot with the wine mixture and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cover and heat over medium-high until heated through, DO NOT allow to boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and heat for at least an additional hour to allow all of the flavors to come together.
- You may adjust the sweetness by adding more brown sugar, as needed.
- Serve hot with a splash of brandy.
We hope you enjoy these great holiday mulled wine recipes. For more holiday recipes, feel free to contact us.